Call us impatient, but here we can’t wait to get ahead of some of the biggest trends spring 2020 has to offer (colorful leather, Bermuda shorts, and polka dots to name a few). But today we’re focusing on skirts—one of the chicest items to mix and match that you can wear year-round. So what’s the biggest skirt trend to look forward to in 2020? While pleated and leather skirts will still be in the limelight, the unexpected denim skirt is back and cooler than ever.
From the S/S 20 runways this year, they delighted us with vintage-inspired iterations, keeping with the season’s up-cycled vibe. If the denim skirt looks like it could have been pulled straight out of a thrift store—then you’ve nailed the trend! While there were all different lengths of denim skirts on the runways, midi lengths definitely reigned supreme.
The best part is that they’re so versatile and easy-to-wear—just like your favorite pair of jeans. Wear them belted at the waist with sweaters and blouses tucked into them. While it’s still cold out pair them with knee-high boots and once the temps start to rise, throw them on with sandals.
- Patchwork denim in midi lengths belted at the waist and worn with bougie high-collar blouses and sumptuous knee-high boots. A look we're copying ASAP!
- For the fashionably fierce try a vintage tiered denim midi skirt with a pretty blouse for a '70s-meets-Western inspiration.
- Vintage-wash denim midi skirts were paired with sleek strappy sandals, romantic sheer tops, and polished blazers for an utterly enticing day-to-date-night-look.
- Pretty silk blouses are an added elevated touch to frayed and ripped denim maxi skirts
- The easiest transitional winter-to-spring outfit requires a billowy turtleneck sweater tucked into an upcycled denim maxi skirt and minimal mules to finish the look.
- Try an A-line denim skirt with a chic Victorian-inspired high-collar blouse and sporty accessories for a refreshing modern-meets-vintage look.
- Warmer weather? no problem. Can't wait for the warmer temps when we can wear a patchwork miniskirt with our chic flat leather sandals!
- It's all about the patchwork in 2020!
- Try a double denim look and pair your skirt with a denim blouse.
Happy Styling Ladies!